Parks & Recreation
Sullivan County Park and Lake features a beautiful 461 acre lake surrounded by 460 acres of land offering over 500 types of campsites, boating and water sports, fishing, shelter houses and cabin rentals. The property includes a new playground and basketball court, fish cleaning station, golf course and golf cart rentals. Live bait, propane and firewood are also available. The park hosts several festivals and events which include live music, fireworks, golf cart poker runs, and vendors. Located 25 miles south of Terre Haute and I-70, the park is easily accessible from Highway 41 west of Sullivan and located within two miles of retail shopping and restaurants.
Blue gill, crappie, bass, channel catfish, walleye, and hybrid saugeye.
40-foot boat ramp, four boat docks, and spacious parking.
Bait and sporting goods retail located within city.
From primitive camping to spacious sites for motor homes. Water and electric hook-up available on over 300 sites.
Playground within easy access of campsites.
Cabin rental available, both primitive and furnished with lake view.
Beautiful, serene rolling hills with more than 120 lakes scattered over 9,000 forested acres. The property also includes horse trails, hunting and camping.
Formerly a part of the Dugger Mine area, is managed as a part of Greene-Sullivan State Forest. The Dugger Unit consists of 10 major lakes that total over 400 surface acres of water. This is an ideal location for kayaking.
The Miami Indians of Indiana call the Wabash River ‘Waapaahsiki Siipiiwi’. According to historical records and archaeological research, this cultural Mound site in Sullivan County appears to date back to the Late Woodland Era, A.D. 500-1650, pre-European contact. The Mound builders along the river in times past used sacred sites like WSMHP for burial and ceremonial purposes prior to colonization. In late 1700, records show the presence of Miami, Wea, Piankashaw, Kickapoo, Delaware and Shawnee tribes along the river hunting and trading in what is now the Wabash Valley, within half mile is the river’s edge called ‘The Narrows’, a historically documented crossing during the War of 1812 encounters. All a part of history, this Mound site is preserved from the erosion of time and protected for the future. The park is located 9098 W County Road 825 N, Fairbanks, IN. Open dawn to dusk.